The Best Business Strategy Game Guide
The Business Strategy Game BSG is a PC-based exercise designed to mirror the real-world features of the competitive athletic footwear industry. It’s customized for you to run the company in direct competition with other class members. In addition, the company resembles an athletic footwear company with plant operations instead of outsourcing the task to manufacturers.
Usually, the revenue-cost-profit and cause-and-effect relationships are based on real business and economic concepts. The running of your company and the environment are similar to the real-life world set up to give you practical managerial experience. This allows you to apply all the knowledge and skills you acquired in Business School, making logical and business-like decisions.
The decision periods in the Business Strategy Game are usually one year. And you will be operating a company that has been around for ten years. When you get to the main menu, you will need to download the company reports, athletic footwear industry report summary, and competitive intelligence reports.
You and your co-managers will be making decisions in every period regarding;
- Social responsibility and citizenship for up to 7 decisions
- Private label athletic footwear production up to ten decisions per plant
- Upgrade of prior plants and addition of plant capacities up to six decisions for every plant.
- Worker training and compensation for up to three decisions for each plant
- Distribution center and shipping operations for up to eight decisions
- Marketing and pricing for up to ten decisions for each geographical area
- Company decisions financing for up to eight decisions.
You will also encounter a screen for developing a yearly sales forecast with 12 to 20 entries for different geographic areas and 6 entries for forecasting online sales for your company’s website. In addition, you will have to consider the import tariffs, exchange rates, and the shareholder expectations you should satisfy.
This game provides outcomes for each year around 20 minutes after the decision round deadline. And it requires you to use your reviews or analysis of the company’s report to change the strategies with your co-managers for the next year.